We are very pleased to announce that the draft programme for EATAW 2017, the 9th Conference of the European Association for Teaching Academic Writing, is now available. The draft schedule in PDF format can be downloaded here: http://eataw2017.org/index.php/programme/
The conference takes place from 19-21 June 2017 at Royal Holloway, University of London, Egham, UK, and as you can see, we have some very interesting and timely sessions planned. We anticipate that delegates will find the conference stimulating and intellectually provoking. Moreover, we have some excellent keynote speakers - Professor Rowena Murray, Professor Ron Barnett, and Dr Katrin Girgensohn - who will be introducing and probing our conference themes of ‘policy’, ‘pedagogy’ and ‘practice’.
We have also organised a lively social programme, which includes:
· ‘Big Night In’ - a BBQ and garden party in the South Quad of our historic Founder’s Building;
· ‘Big Night Out,’ with options for trips into Richmond-upon-Thames, central London, or the local area; and
· a relaxing post-conference walk among the ancient trees and meadows of Windsor Great Park.
There is still time to register. Full conference and day rates are available, and there are still on-site accommodation options, though some of these are beginning to sell out. Please follow this link for more details: http://eataw2017.org/index.php/registration-and-accommodation/. The registration deadline is 26 May 2017.
The full programme will be available as an app to conference delegates. It will work on any mobile device or computer, and will contain details of all sessions and speakers. It is fully interactive and will permit users to:
· build a customised schedule;
· search for speakers or sessions of interest;
· distribute or save handouts electronically;
· take notes on sessions;
· network with other delegates;
· access information about the social programme, schedule, and transport; and
· navigate custom maps for the conference venue and the ‘Big Night Out’.
If you have registered for the conference, you will receive an email making the conference app and electronic programme available to you as soon as it is available.
We would love to welcome you to our beautiful campus in June!
Centre for the Development of Academic Skills (CeDAS)
IN033 | Royal Holloway, University of London | Egham | Surrey | TW20 0EX
T: +44 (0)1784 443110
CeDAS is proud to host: