Boundaries in student tutoring and support:
working together to enhance student wellbeing.
UK Advising and Tutoring - Conference 2018
27-28 March 2018, University of Derby, United Kingdom
Register as a delegate here.
The conference will focus specifically on partnership working across student support systems and the impact that this working can have on the student experience. The conference aims to explore new research, innovative practice, and contemporary discussion on student support through advising and tutoring.
Keynote Speakers –
Brett McFarlane, Ed.D., Board of Directors Member at NACADA (National Academic Advising Association) and Executive Director of Academic Advising at University of California Davis. Brett is a consultant focused on improving the success of students in higher education through the creation of focused and intentional integrated learning, communication, support, and assessment networks that bridge academic and student affairs.
Sam Grogan, Ph.D., Pro Vice-Chancellor Student Experience, University of Salford, Principal Fellow of the HEA and Director of the University Alliance Teaching Excellence Alliance. Sam's role combines executive responsibility for assurance of the quality and standards of the institutional academic portfolio and its strategic direction and characteristics, alongside leadership and enhancement of the wider student experience towards a holistic sustainable student success.
Delegate rates are as follows:
· £250 – Two day delegate (includes UKAT membership for 2018 and Conference Dinner*)
· £150 – One day delegate (includes UKAT membership for 2018 – No Conference Dinner)
· £0 – UKAT Conference Committee Member
· £185 – Two day UKAT Committee Member (includes UKAT membership for 2018 and Conference Dinner)
· £60 – One day Student delegate – Full-time students only (includes UKAT membership for 2018 – No Conference Dinner)
· £100 – Two day Student delegate – Full-time students only (includes UKAT membership for 2018 and Conference Dinner)
* Conference Dinner (Optional)
The conference dinner will be taking place at on the evening of Tuesday 27th March. Guest arrival time is from 7.00pm and dinner will be served at 7.45pm. Dinner will be followed by music / disco at the same venue.
UK Advising & Tutoring Professional Development Chair
Pre-Order a copy of the upcoming book "Becoming an Effective Personal Tutor in Higher Education" here.
Student Voice & Development Manager
Union of Students, University of Derby
You can give me a call on 01332 592172
Or send me a postcard at Union of Students, University of Derby,
Kedleston Road, Derby, DE22 1GB
If you want to find out more about us, check out derbyunion.co.uk
Search for us on all social channels: derbyunion