Transforming the Student Experience: The role of learner analytics in the modern university
1 day symposium, Wednesday 21st June, 2017
Nottingham Trent University, City Site
We are hosting a learning analytics symposium on Wednesday 21st June at our City Campus in conjunction with our technology partners: Solutionpath.
This event might be particularly interesting to learning developers as much of our work focusses on the relationship between students' engagement with their course and progression and attainment. In particular, Dr Edwards' session will focus on key findings about the relationship between a learning development intervention and student engagement.
We will cover two key themes:
· Key lessons learnt from Nottingham Trent University's experience of embedding learner analytics across the whole institution
· New approaches to developing learning analytics from a range of sector experts
Our speakers include:
· Keynote: Professor Eunice Simmons, Deputy Vice-Chancellor, NTU – Using learner analytics to deliver the University's strategic objectives
· Mike Kerrigan, Strategic Data and Intelligence Manager, NTU – Using engagement data to identify students at risk: an equality & diversity perspective
· Dr Rebecca Edwards, ABLE Project Officer, NTU - Using NTU's Student Dashboard to open new insights into successful students and successful staff interventions
· Phil Richards, Chief Innovation Officer, JISC – The role of JISC's Learning Records Warehouse, the importance of data, and how JISC can support you
· Steve Butcher, Head of Procurement, HEFCE – Flipped Learning
· To be confirmed, Thomas International - PPA in education – applications, benefits, outcomes
· To be confirmed, Government Behavioural Insights Team (Nudge Unit) – Small changes can make a big difference; the team's approach to understanding the drivers of behaviour and thinking differently about solutions
To book a place, please follow the instructions on this page
Student Engagement Manager
Centre for Academic Development & Quality
Nottingham Trent University
+44 (0)115 848 8203
Transforming the student experience: the role of learning analytics in the modern university experience
Learning Analytics Symposium
DISCLAIMER: This email is intended solely for the addressee. It may contain private and confidential information. If you are not the intended addressee, please take no action based on it nor show a copy to anyone. In this case, please reply to this email to highlight the error. Opinions and information in this email that do not relate to the official business of Nottingham Trent University shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by the University. Nottingham Trent University has taken steps to ensure that this email and any attachments are virus-free, but we do advise that the recipient should check that the email and its attachments are actually virus free. This is in keeping with good computing practice.