On the afternoon of 11 September we’re offering pre-conference Master Classes in: SCALE-UP (Student-Centred Active Learning Environment with Upside-down Pedagogies), Team-based learning (TBL) and TEAL (Technology-Enhanced Active Learning).
The main conference will be opened on 12 September by Professor Mike Sharples, Chair in Educational Technology Learning and Teaching Innovation, Open University, whose keynote address will focus on ‘Designs for Active Learning’.
The conference will link Team-Based Learning at University of Bradford, SCALE-UP at Nottingham Trent University and Anglia Ruskin University’s active learning practices as part of a HEFCE Catalyst funded project to address barriers to student success, hence the main conference is free to delegates from HEFCE funded institutions, while there is a modest £100 fee for those from other institutions.
· introduce active learning approaches through master classes;
· share good practice in using and embedding active learning approaches in the curriculum;
· provide opportunities to learn new skills and techniques.
Call for Proposals – we’re particularly interested in proposals which focus on:
· innovative teaching methods
· engaging students in collaborative learning
· improving retention and progression
· supporting differential learning outcomes
· improving attendance, and participation
· enhancing student experience and satisfaction
The deadline for submissions is 15 June 2017
Book your place for the main conference event on 12 September.
(Bookings for the Master Classes will open shortly).
Dr Jaki Lilly, CertEd, DMS, PhD, University Teaching Fellow, PFHEA
Academic Lead: Academic and Professional Development
Anglia Ruskin University, East Road, Cambridge CB1 1PT
Anglia Learning & Teaching, 2nd Floor, Abbeygate House
Learning Development Services
| T: +44 (0) 845 196 2783 | Internal ext. 2783
| W: www.lta.anglia.ac.uk
Find us on social media @anglialta