Coming to our senses: embedding contemplative pedagogy in higher education
A four-day symposium for educators
This four-day event at Emerson College, UK will bring together educators working in higher or further education, with an interest in contemplative pedagogy to explore question such as:
* What is contemplative pedagogy?
* How can contemplative practice be integrated in higher and further education both by educators and students?
* How is contemplative pedagogy related to radical and critical pedagogies?
* What role can contemplative pedagogy play in promoting not just wellbeing but social change and social justice?
* What questions does contemplative pedagogy raise about the meaning of the educational endeavour, particularly within universities?
Emerson College, East Sussex, Forest Row, RH18 5JX
2pm 27 August 2018 – 2pm 30 August 2018
Fees and Payment including tuition, all meals and single room accommodation
Employer funded: £580
For more details and booking please visit: https://contemplativepedagogynetwork.com/events/
This message and its attachment(s) are intended for the addressee(s) only and should not be read, copied, disclosed, forwarded or relied upon by any person other than the intended addressee(s) without the permission of the sender. If you are not the intended addressee, you must not take any action based on this message and its attachment(s) nor must you copy or show them to anyone. If you have received this email in error, please inform the sender immediately and delete all copies of it.
It is your responsibility to ensure that this message and its attachment(s) are scanned for viruses or other defects. Queen Margaret University does not accept liability for any loss or damage which may result from this message or its attachment(s), or for errors or omissions arising after it was sent. Email is not a secure medium. Email traffic entering Queen Margaret University's system is subject to routine monitoring and filtering by Queen Margaret University.
Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh is a registered charity: Scottish Charity Number SC002750.