CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
Inaugural European Conference on the Scholarship of Teaching & Learning
University College Cork, Cork, Ireland
June 8-9 2015
Many educational development initiatives emphasize a scholarship of teaching and learning (SOTL) approach, but what does this mean, in theory and in practice? How can the scholarship of teaching and learning help to tackle some of the key challenges higher education is currently facing, and help institutions and academics stay focused on quality student learning?
The inaugural EuroSoTL conference, a regional event of the International Society for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning, will address these general themes and is open to all Higher Education staff and students and those interested in the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning.
The call for abstracts is just out and registration has recently opened. We welcome submissions of emerging, ongoing, or well-established work, and interested participants are invited to submit a 300 word abstract for a paper, poster, workshop/panel and Pecha-Kucha style presentation to email@example.com.
Questions to be addressed might include:
- How can SoTL help bridge boundaries between languages, cultures, nations, or between academia and society?
- What role does SoTL play in supporting interdisciplinary work?
- How can SoTL inform the changing roles and expectations of students and teachers in higher education?
- Is SoTL assisting the cultural shift involved in building digital literacy?
- How can SoTL inform key transitions in the student’s journey?
Early bird registration rates are available up to March 15th 2015, and there is a further discount available to ISSOTL members.