Register now to attend this year’s Academic Practice and Technology Conference at the Greenwich Campus on 8th July.
Our 12th annual, technology-focused conference, Connected Learning in an Open World, will look at the challenges facing teaching and learning in the digital age. Themes will include:
· the challenges for pedagogical design and development in an open world;
· what it means to be a connected learner and a connected institution?
· the impact of 'disruptive' technologies on the student and academic experience, and on learning, teaching and assessment;
· student-led learning, user-generated content and the challenges of remixing, reusing and curating in a digital age;
· emerging practices, tools and approaches that enhance learner engagement and transition;
· the skills and attributes needed for the future workforce;
· the relationship between universities, colleges, new e-learners and globalised e-employers.
We are delighted to welcome Stephen Downes, National Research Council of Canada, and Diana Laurillard, Professor of Learning with Digital Technologies, and Assistant Director for Open Mode Learning at the London Knowledge Lab as our keynote speakers.
With 20 years’ experience in education technology, Stephen Downes is widely known for his expertise in the field of learning networks and learning content syndication. He is especially known for his seminal work on running the world's first MOOC, Connectivism and Connective Knowledge.
Diane Laurillard is recognised as a leading expert in technology–enhanced learning, and has a wealth of experience advising both government and HE institutions on e-Learning strategy. In addition to the keynotes, you will have the opportunity to debate and explore the significant challenges for HE with other delegates and presenters from institutions across the UK, during 3 sessions of parallel presentations.
For more information please see https://showtime.gre.ac.uk/index.php/ecentre/apt2014
Booking information and fees
To book your place you will need to create an account on our conference website. If you have previously registered to attend any EDU conference and have already created a user account, you will need to re-use this account information.
If you cannot remember your username please contact Gillian Keyms at firstname.lastname@example.org
Information about fees are located at: https://showtime.gre.ac.uk/index.php/ecentre/apt2014/about/fees
Early bird rates are £75. This year we are partners with the European ePIC conference: http://www.epforum.eu/. Register for APT and receive a discount for attending ePIC.
To register please visit https://showtime.gre.ac.uk/index.php/ecentre/apt2014/schedConf/registration
Educational Development Unit, University of Greenwich Tel: 020 8331 7683 Email: email@example.com
Please access the attached hyperlink for an important electronic communications disclaimer: http://lse.ac.uk/emailDisclaimer