Universities UK is organising a one-day conference in association with, CHERI, and HEFCE on The Changing Academic Profession to be held on Tuesday 22 June 2010 at Woburn House Conference Centre.
The conference will launch a report by CHERI on the "Changing Academic Profession: UK and beyond" – the report will examine areas such as:
· The internationalisation of the profession and academic work
· Academics' perceptions of the management of higher education institutions
· Academics conceptions of academic work
· The new generation of academics and preparing for the future
Professor Les Ebdon, Vice-Chancellor, University of Bedfordshire and Chair, Million + will chair the conference and other confirmed speakers include:
· Alison Johns, Head of Leadership Governance and Management, Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE)
· Mike Boxall, PA Consulting
· Professor Clifford Friend, Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Cranfield University
· Professor Geoff White, Senior Adviser, Research, UCEA, and Professor of Human Resource Management, University of Greenwich Business School
· Stephen Court, Senior Research Officer, University and College Union
· William Locke, Assistant Director, Centre for Higher Education Research and Information (CHERI), The OU
Who should attend?
Vice-Chancellors, Principals, Pro-Vice-Chancellors, Academics, Policy Advisers, Researchers and those working in the areas of Human Resource Management, Performance Management, Workforce Development and anyone with an interest in this subject.
Cost of attending: Fee £130 (The conference fee is being subsidised by HEFCE)
Full details can be found on the UUK website: http://www.universitiesuk.ac.uk/Events/Pages/TheChangingAcademicProfession.aspx
I would be grateful if you could forward details to other colleagues in your institution that may be interested in attending this conference.
Ian Morton, Campaigns and Events Officer, Universities UK www.UniversitiesUK.ac.uk
Address Woburn House, 20 Tavistock Square, London, WC1H 9HQ
Switchboard tel +44 (0)20 7419 4111 Fax +44 (0)20 7383 5766
Registered Company No. 2517018 Registered Charity No. 1001127