Please see below for a message from Usman Ali, Vice President (Higher Education), NUS, with details of the 2012 NUS/HEA Student Engagement Conference and a call for session proposals. NUS would welcome proposals from institutional staff with an interest in student engagement. Any questions, please contact Oliver Williams at NUS (firstname.lastname@example.org).
National Union of Students
NUS and Higher Education Academy Student Engagement Conference: The Powers and Perils of Partnership, 12-13 June 2012, Nottingham
A great deal has been written, spoken and done about student engagement by us all. In fact, it is the rationale behind a lot of what NUS and other sector organisations do. But what has it all been for? Are we really ensuring students are at ‘the heart of the system?’ If not, what needs to change?
NUS and the Higher Education Academy are delighted to announce a two-day conference on student engagement held on 12-13 June 2012. The conference will:
- Highlight some of the ways that NUS and the Higher Education Academy have been working to embed student engagement at the heart of each and every institution, including its projects on student-led teaching awards and widening engagement
- Showcase some of the work being done by students, students’ unions and institutions across the UK to ensure student engagement is not merely tokenistic
- Reflect on the research and evidence-base for student engagement
- Explore the debates underpinning student engagement
- Bring together voices from across the sector to look to the future of student engagement and how we can continue to ensure that it is meaningful and accessible to all
There is, as yet, only a template agenda available. That is because we want you to suggest and deliver the sessions on student engagement that you want to hear! For more information, and to submit a session, click here.
Registration is now open! Our last student engagement conference reached capacity well before the closing date, so we strongly suggest booking now to avoid disappointment. Click here to register!
12-13 June 2012
11am on 12 June until 3.30pm on 13 June
Radisson by Park Inn Hotel, Mansfield Road, Nottingham NG5 2BT
For prices, session submission, and more information, visit www.nusconnect.org.uk/seconference
Vice-President (Higher Education)
NUS Email Disclaimer: Please visit the following web link for NUS email disclaimer www.nus.org.uk/nus-email-disclaimer
-- David Andrew, Head of Academic Practice Senior Tutor The Learning Institute Queen Mary, University of London Mile End, London E1 4NS 02078822803 02081446753 Book an appointment with me at http://doodle.com/DavidAndrew