Announcing the Grand Flexible Learning Summit…
Flexibility in the post-TEF world: time for a University of Graphene?
This Summit allows us to think the unthinkable…..what does the maximally-flexible institution look like in the dystopian post-TEF world?
Drawing on work from the emergent Flexible Learning Community of Practice (FLCoP) this summit presents a 2 hour odyssey of possibilities….
Summit participants will consider:
- Which kinds of institutions will emerge, survive and thrive in a complex, flexible environment?
- Where are we now and where do we want to be in relation to the flexible learning agenda?
- Should we embrace the notion of student choice - above all others - to drive the agenda for flexible learning?
- Which two themes should be given immediate priority for flexible learning?
After all that activity we will relax into the final part of the session which looks at opportunities to contribute to work in the sector concerning flexible learning, including:
- Providing a romp through existing resources generated by the FLCoP including a Practice Guide, Case Studies, Webinars (also known as Flexinars) and more
- Announcing details of the forthcoming FL Practice/Research Symposium in March 2018
- Announcing details of support for institutions to host a themed FLCoP meeting
- Giving details of the forthcoming Higher Education Pedagogies Journal flexible learning special edition and how you can get your work published
Miss this Summit at your peril! Join us on Wednesday 05 July at the HEA Conference in Manchester at 2.30