RAISE Conference 2011: Registration is now open
Apols for cross-posting
You are invited to attend the inaugural Researching, Advancing & Inspiring Student Engagement (RAISE) Conference on the 15th-16th September in Nottingham Conference Centre, United Kingdom.
Full details of the conference and how to register are available at:
The overarching objective of the conference is to focus specifically on student engagement.
The conference aims to:
· Develop conceptual clarity about the nature of student engagement
· Disseminate and showcase evidence informed practice
· Provide networking and professional development opportunities for participants
· Involve students – who are particularly welcome at the conference
The conference themes are:
· Presenting conceptual models based on well founded research about student engagement
· Evaluation of student engagement initiatives at an institutional level
· Evaluation of curricular and extra-curricular developments to engage students in their learning
· Sharing evidence about student expectations, experiences and identity and their impact on engagement
We have put together a conference programme based on many excellent submissions which include several presentations involving undergraduate students. The main keynote will be delivered by Mantz Yorke.
WHERE: Nottingham Conference Centre, Nottingham, UK
WHEN: Thursday, September 15th to Friday September 16th 2011.
We look forward to hearing from you!
RAISE Conference Organising Team
Colin Bryson, Newcastle University
Liz Dunne, Exeter University
Christine Hardy, Nottingham Trent University
Ed Foster, Nottingham Trent University
Grace Cooper, Newcastle University
Rebecca Freeman, Birmingham City University
Marco Angelini, University College London
Claire Hamshire, Manchester Met University
Becca Colley, Bradford University
Julie Wintrup, Southampton University
Head of Academic Practice
Mile End, London E1 4NS
Book an appointment with me at http://doodle.com/DavidAndrew